Student of Rufus Giwa Polytechnic who had an accident during SARS chase, dies

A student of  Rufus Giwa Polytechnic, Owo, who was hospitalized alongside his colleague after they had an accident during a SARS chase, has reportedly died.

Seun Ogunmola and Deborah Iyanuoluwa, were both Accounting students but assumed to be fraudsters, hence the SARS chase which led to the accident on Wednesday, 11th of July, 2018.

The students who were abandoned after the car crash by the officers, were later rescued by some bystanders and rushed to the Federal Medical Centre, Owo. It was gathered that one of the students died around 10am yesterday, after a surgery. Following his death, some students trooped out in protest against SARS and barricaded the highway leading to the institution.

This is coming after it was also reported that final year student of Business Administration at Ambrose Alli University, Ekpoma, Edo State, Saliu Haruna, was found dead in an abandoned well after a SARS chase.

Haruna was declared missing after he and other students, were allegedly chased by operatives of the Special Anti-Robbery Squad attached to the Edo State Police Command who invaded their hostel.

The deceased who was reportedly washing his clothes, took to his heel and could not be found after the trigger-happy policemen left.  It was gathered that he was subsequently declared missing when he was not found after some search parties were organised to look for him.

However, his dead body was found in the well on Monday by some students. A student of the university, who spoke on condition of anonymity, said Haruna fell into the well while trying to avoid the policemen.

The student said:
"Yes, Haruna was found dead last night (Monday). He was a 400-level student of Business Administration. He and other students were chased by the SARS operatives and as he was running, he fell into a well.
    “The policemen came about four days ago and nobody saw him until Monday. By then he was dead.”

No comments:

recent posts

Powered by Blogger.